StepOne provides guidance and practical resources to councils and community groups interested in implementing community cohesion initiatives in their local areas.
The site features downloadable ‘best practice’ case studies covering a range of communities and issues, especially those which:
- Reduce racism, intolerance, and negative stereotypes
- Build positive and sustainable relationships between communities
- Get communities working together and interacting
- Deal with the ‘difficult stuff’ of living together, not just soft multiculturalism
- Move beyond the ‘multicultural festival’ model (food, dance etc)
- Show us how to live in harmony, making the most of our racial, cultural, social and religious diversity.